How To Play The
Be the first person in your group to guess the correct song that is being played
- Select a Conductor. This will be the referee. Their job will be to play and stop the music and determine winners.
- Get your music source ready!
- If you're using an MP3 device, set it to shuffle. Then press play.
- If you're using the radio, it helps to have some pre-defined radio stations. This will allow you to be able to jump back and forth between known good radio stations without a lot of static.
- The conductor will now find a tune and play it for three seconds. The first person to guess the song correctly earns a point!
Use a game timer to help manage each players turn.
Game Play Variations
To make things a little more difficult, reduce the time needed for a guess. All wrong guesses get a point subtracted from the players score. Make your guesses count!
To make the game easier, increase the guess time. You can also start out trying to guess only the music type (rock, country, religious.)
Another variation that can be played by having your radio set to auto scan (most modern radios should have a feature similar to this). Basically the radio will start searching for nearby radio stations and stop for a couple seconds before jumping to the next one it can find. The first person to recognize and name a song will earn a point.
Also, if you are not as familiar with song titles, you can try naming the artist who is singing the song.